Final Thoughts



FIRST PROJECT VS LAST PROJECT 

This class has helped me grow so much as an artist. Before taking this course I had no experience whatsoever with using adobe products to create art. I had never used photoshop, dreamweaver, indesign, or illustrator. Now, I can proudly say that I have nearly mastered them all. I have grown conceptually. This class helped to push me to my limits, my most creative. I have designed pieces in this class that I never would have imagined creating before, or even having the idea for. 

I cannot begin to explain how proud I am of myself for what I've achieved throughout this class. If I had not been pushing myself this semester, I would not have won the Black Box best animation award, I would not have done my first paid art commission, and I would not have a fully completed art portfolio. This class has helped to expand my inspirations as well. I have found a deep passion within digital painting and animation and I have explored so many different styles of graphic art. I realized along the way that my strength lies minimalism. I love the Bauhaus aesthetic and it has inspired so many works of art for me, especially the aesthetic of my portfolio. I love the contrast of black and white, so simple and clean-cut. I love using shapes and geometric design. I feel as though I have found a strong voice for myself as an artist and I'm excited to see what lies ahead for me. 

I didn't really know what to expect from this class on the first day. When I entered the room to find that we were learning to write code, I was shocked to say the least. I had no idea how important code was the digital art, but now having worked with these programs for a few months, I really have began to understand its significance. My first few projects in this class did not receive very high marks. I was making pretty consistent 88% pieces, but I was struggling with finding my own unique viewpoint as an artist and learning the programs. Once I began to understand those things, I saw my grade dramatically improve. By the end of the semester I was receiving a 100% on nearly every assignment. I think the fast pace of this class forced me to improve just as quickly and for that, I am very grateful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recolored Photoshop Project

A Place I've Never Been